OUTLOOK FREEWARE
Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"A wonderful tool. The best tool so far on the internet."

"Worked really well and saved me a lot of time. Thank You!"

"Worked great! Thanks a bunch :)"

Follow Us : : :

Hide Outlook option to "Open" attachments?

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
All Forums » General Questions About Outlook and Related... » Hide Outlook option to "Open" attachments?
Pages: 1
RSS
Hide Outlook option to "Open" attachments?
I'm wondering if any of the Attachment processing 'Save Attachments' plugins can disable or hide the option to open attachments, and just give the user the save option?

Far too many people are opening documents, editing it and saving it in a temp file and not using it on a saved document in their own drive/folders.

Thanks in Advance.
Alex, you can easily achieve this by installing our Save Attachments tool and configuring it as a favorite in message context menu and on message window toolbar/ribbon. After that just block access to attachments of desired types (.docx, *.xlsx, and others).
I'm not looking to block certain attachments, I'm looking to block all attachments from being opened, and only allowing people to save the documents. As in, be prompted to save it when they have an attachment. This should prevent people opening the file and having a copy in the users temporary files, that they may work on when the file should be saved in their My Documents folder, or other, to work on.

Or, do you mean that by installing and configuring the attachments tool, i can block docx files etc, from being opened and they only have the option to save them?
Alex, the method of blocking all attachments and using our tool to save them gives users the ability to easily save any attachments, but locks the ability to open them.
Go to the File, Options Trust Center dialog and select Protected View. Disable the option to enable it for Outlook attachments. (You may also want to disable it for files originating from the Internet.) Once you do this, you'll get the Open/Save dialog, which can be disabled by editing the registry.

Hope this information is helpful to you
Pages: 1
All Forums » General Questions About Outlook and Related... » Hide Outlook option to "Open" attachments?
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA