OUTLOOK FREEWARE
Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"Needed to complete a one-shot project, for which it was perfect. I'll remember you for future needs of mine or my colleagues."

"Used it to import mails from thunderbird using eml files. Worked perfectly fine!"

"Very good and effective soft. Will recommend and use it again if needed. 5*"

Follow Us : : :

Export All Master Category Lists for Outlook 2007/2010

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Export All Master Category Lists for Outlook 2007/2010
Pages: 1
RSS
Export All Master Category Lists for Outlook 2007/2010
Discuss this utility here.
Outlook Freeware, Hi - I've got a question about this. I've got an Exchange 2003 server (for about another 3 weeks, then it's 2010 time), anyway, I have a user that adds categories to her bosses contacts.

I recently upgrade her to Office 2010. I exported the categories from Outlook 2003, and imported them into 2010. I now see the categories available for her contacts, but not her bosses.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to upgrade the boss, and import the categories on his Outlook, so she can see them in her Outlook?

Seems a little weird to me.

Thanks.
jandersonceevap­gh:
Am I missing something here? Do I need to upgrade the boss, and import the categories on his Outlook, so she can see them in her Outlook?
Hi jandersonceevap­­gh,
Since Outlook 2007/2010 uses mailbox to store Master Category List (MCT) (in opposite to Oulook 2003 wich uses Registry for that purpose), she sees MCT taken locally from her storage (not globally from Registry). And her bosses mailbox doesn't contain MCT since he/she still uses Outlook 2003.
So you're right. After upgrading her bosses Outlook to 2010 and importing MCT there categories should become available.
Alternatively (if it's possible) she can open her bosses mailbox as default storage and import MCT again.
Export Categories From Microsoft Outlook
All color categories, including defaulted categories and customized categories, can be exported from Microsoft Outlook. You can do it as following:

Step 1: Create a new note:

In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Note.
In Outlook 2010, please click the New Items > More Items > Note.

Step 2: In the new note dialog, type some text in it. In this case, we enter the text of Categories.

Step 3: Click the button at the upper-left corner in the Note window, and then click the Save & Close in Outlook 2010 (or the Close in Outlook 2007)
Step 4: Shift to the Note view with clicking the Note icon in the Navigation Pane.

Step 5: Click the note you created before, and then click the Categorize > All Categories in the Tags group on the Home tab in Outlook 2010.

In Outlook 2007, click the Categorize > All Categories in the Toolbar.Step 4: Shift to the Note view with clicking the Note icon in the Navigation Pane.

Step 5: Click the note you created before, and then click the Categorize > All Categories in the Tags group on the Home tab in Outlook 2010.

In Outlook 2007, click the Categorize > All Categories in the Toolbar.
Step 6: In the Color Categories dialog box, check the color categories that you will export later, and then click the OK button.
Step 7: Drag and move the note into a folder of Windows to save it. This note will be saved as an .msg file.

I hope this is helpful!
Lewis Bert
Pages: 1
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Export All Master Category Lists for Outlook 2007/2010
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA