OUTLOOK FREEWARE
Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"Worked like a charm. Brilliant tool."

"Perfect Tool! I used to migrate Outlook to Thunderbird easily and fast. Thank You very much for possibility!"

"Success ok and fine. We can save our mails and load into Thunderbird. Thanks a lot por four help."

Follow Us : : :

Export Messages to EML, MBOX, HTML, DOCX, and PDF Format

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Export Messages to EML, MBOX, HTML, DOCX, and PDF Format
Pages: 1 2 Next
RSS
Export Messages to EML, MBOX, HTML, DOCX, and PDF Format
Discuss these utilities here.
Help. When I try to configure both the export messages to EML or MSG format Utilities, the OK box is greyed out after I select folders.

I am tyring to make backups of personal messages from my work email.

The usage of *.pst files is blocked by the group policy

JAB
Jim, what kind folders do you select? Your mailbox folders or public folders or other folder types? And what Outlook / Exchange Server versions do you use?
How does this utility export the EML file:
what will the file name be? Is the file name configurable?

Thanks,
R
Reberto, the file name will be something like "Message Subject.eml" (without quotes) and its Created date will be set to original messages' date.
The name of the resulting file can be configured using macros in our commercial product: ReliefJet Essentials for Outlook.
The exported EML files do not look like the original emails. Everything is in plain text. The original structure is lost...
Andre, can you please provide some samples for us?
I have a problem with the export from outlook 2003 (on a Windows 2000 Advanced server/ XP SP3) to EML.

The Mailfolder that I will export is a PST-File. I have attached the PST File to my outlook - start Export - select the root-folder of the pst-file in the mailbox-view - press ok - but nothing will be extracted or converte

What make I wrong? can I only Export Mails from the Mailbox?
MyKey0815, make sure that you selected all PST storage (check on white background). Please also be aware that this tool export emails only (not contacts, calendar items, etc.)
Outlook Freeware, Cannot load Outlook Profile. Failed to initialize MAPI session. Code [0x80004005]. Tried using utilite to export Vista Mail to EML for import into Outlook 2010. Received the message as stated in the first sentence. I don't have Outlook installed on the PC that I'm converting from (Vista PC). What is the problem?
William, all our utilities require Outlook to be installed. You can use free trial version of Outlook however.
Great tool guys but I don't see how can I preserve the folder structure.

When I import the mbox file to thunderbird (via import/export plugin) I get all emails (33000!) in one folder. :(

Any ideas?
Alexander, in order to preserve Outlook folder structure you need all your emails placed in correct file system folders (you can see the sample by exporting your Outlook messages to EML/MSG format using our tool). This related to MBOX too. You need MBOX for each Thunderbird folder placed to separate directory on your drive.
Hey,

I tried this utility and I really like it, but I'm having trouble with it and the other one I tried (Convert .msg to .eml). The problem is that I can't delete files after extracting/conv­erting (I don't need some mails in .eml format). Why?
I'm using MS Office Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
jane1909:
Hey,

I tried this utility and I really like it, but I'm having trouble with it and the other one I tried (Convert .msg to .eml). The problem is that I can't delete files after extracting/conv­­erting (I don't need some mails in .eml format). Why?
I'm using MS Office Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Jane,

Are you trying to delete .eml files from a hard drive?
What error do you get?

Please check that these files don't have Read Only attribute.
You can also try to close Outlook before deleting the files.

Do you have any AV software installed?
Yes, my files are on a hard drive, in a folder in My Documents.
I checked, they don't have read only attribute. And I tried deleting them with Outlook closed - no result.

Actually, I don't get any error. When I select a file and press "Delete", nothing happens (my "delete" button on keyboard works, I checked). I can't drag and drop it to my Recycle Bin either, some small icon of red circle with line appears (like the operation is forbbiden). When I right-click the file, there's no option "delete", as it should be.
I can only delete the whole folder with .eml files...
I aslo noticed I can't move nor rename the files.

Everything I do, I do with my Administrator account, so there shouldn't be any problems with permissions, etc.

And, yes, I have Avast antivirus installed and running.
This is strange behavior of Windows with .eml files.

You can right click on the .eml file and select "open file location". The folder opens in a new window and then you will be able to right click on the same .eml file and there will be "delete" option.

You can also try to change 'Arrange by:' option to Folder.
My 'Arrange by:' option is set to 'Folder' already (I guess that's by default).
But, this with "open file location" really works.

Thanks! :)
the program run very well, no errors.. but i dont't find the attachments (eml file and xml file...) in the .EML file created...
paolo paoletti,

Sorry for the delay in answering your request.

If it possible provide 2-3 samples of such emails. Just drag and drop them to some folder on disk, pack them using ZIP or any other packer and send this archive to .

Also please pack same emails in EML format exported by our utility and sent them also.
Pages: 1 2 Next
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Export Messages to EML, MBOX, HTML, DOCX, and PDF Format
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA