Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"Worked really well and saved me a lot of time. Thank You!"

"Migrated all my EML to MSG. Thank you! :)"

"Guys, you rock... Tons of Thanks from my side."

Follow Us : : :

Import Messages from EML and MBOX Formats

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Import Messages from EML and MBOX Formats
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next
RSS
Import Messages from EML and MBOX Formats
Outlook Freeware:
Roar Brekken, can you please use our contact form to report this issue? Please include your Windows and Outlook versions. We'll try to help you as sooon as possible!

I'm answering here in the forum because I found a soloution to my problem that may help others.

The soloution (at least for me) is to disable and then enable the add-in after starting Outlook. Then the utility works ok. I also had the same problem for other "Outlook freeware" utilities.

I'm running Outlook 2010 x64 on Windows 7 x64.

regards,
Roar
Roar, thank you very much for your report!
Hi!

In order to install it for several users in a shared Windows Server (home install), I had to:
– Install as Admin, then copy the OutlookFreeware­.com folder from Admin\AppData\L­ocal to each user’s equivalent folder.
– Then, in Outlook, activate the plugin with Tools > Trust center > Add-ins > Go.

Hope it helps, and thank you for this wonderful piece of software.
Juan
Another reason your profile cannot be found is if Outlook isn't your default mail client, discovered that one today. Hopefully it may help someone.

On another note, is there anyway I can import these files retaining the actual created date? After I import the files into Outlook it sets todays date as the created date.

Thanks in advance
myapps, thank you for your suggestion! We'll surely implement this feature in one of the next versions or our importers.
Thanks.

As a follow up, I discovered there are three things to consider.

Received date, Created date and Sent date

The sent date was the important one for me as this is the only one that retains the original date after import.

It makes total sense that the created and received date becomes the actual date after it is imported to Outlook. As far as Outlook is concerned it is a 'newly created email' and 'it has just received it'.

So the magic would be an adaption to the software that could read the headers of the mail files and rename the received \ created date...... I'm not sure how possible this would be though.

All in all though, a fantastic selection of utilities you have, thanks.

As a suggestion.... A utility to allow you to import a OST file would be fantastic. :)

Thanks guys
Hello,

After imported eml file, Outlook shows random equal sign "=":
Dés que nous recevrons l'accusé de =eception nous emettrons un bon de commande concernant, pour l'instant, le logiciel. =ous enverrons celui de la formation à la rentrée (à cause des =acances) dès que nous nous serons entendus sur les dates.

I have the same problem when drag&drop the file into Outlook Express.

The original eml file is:
D=E9s que nous recevrons l'accus=E9 de reception nous emettrons un bon =
de commande concernant, pour l'instant, le logiciel. Nous enverrons =
celui de la formation =E0 la rentr=E9e (=E0 cause des vacances) d=E8s =
que nous nous serons entendus sur les dates.=20

It seems that Microsoft can't handle correctly ending "=" which means soft carriage-return­.

Is it possible for you to add a such option?

Thanks in advance,

Yuan
yuan you, we're working on this. For now, you can replace all ending "=" characters with empty strings before importing these kind of EMLs.
I've just used the tool to import folders copied from outlook 2011 for mac. It dit the import but at all the mails gave the message: "Cannot import message: G:\Mails\....." Any ideas why it does that?
Cata, how exactly did you export emails from Outlook 2011 for Mac?
I was trying to import EML messages (formerly from a Earthlink Total Access, zipped, then extracted) into Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 computer and only about 20% of them imported successfully, with the message "cannot import message" for the majority of them. Any sugestions?
Glenn, can you please send us (to support@) several examples of these messages? Just attach these eml files to your message to us. We'll try to fix our tool then.
Hi,

I'm also having issues with importing EML messages (created from Novell Groupwise 8) into Outlook 2010 on a windows 7 pc. Only a few of the messages imported succesfully. Majority of the emails were not imported with the message "cannot import message". Any suggestions?
W.J., just send some of these unimported EML files to us, we'll fix our tool to support them.
Outlook Freeware,

I have also the problem importing messages from EML format to Outlook 2010 32-bit. Your excellent add-in successfully imported most of received mails but none of sent mails. EML files originates in Pegasus Mail and are of very simple structure without multipart headings and so.

I noticed one interesting thing. Theese EML files can be imported to Outlook one-by-one by simply double clicking on the EML file (it opens in Outlook) and then clicking File - Move to folder. But after your add-in has been run, this action throws an error "The object requested was not found." After restarting of Outlook it works again.

Is there any other way of importing theese files ?

I just sent some sample files to email address . Have you received it ?
vhe vhe, thank you very much for these sample emails! We're working on it now.
The problem with the "=" signs is that .EML files coming from a Mac have Mac line endings.

These EML files must be converted to DOS/Windows line endings. Once you convert them, the problem will go away.

There are a variety of tools available to do this, either from the Mac side or from the Windows side.
yuan you:
Hello,

After imported eml file, Outlook shows random equal sign "=":
Dés que nous recevrons l'accusé de =eception nous emettrons un bon de commande concernant, pour l'instant, le logiciel. =ous enverrons celui de la formation à la rentrée (à cause des =acances) dès que nous nous serons entendus sur les dates.

I have the same problem when drag&drop the file into Outlook Express.

The original eml file is:
D=E9s que nous recevrons l'accus=E9 de reception nous emettrons un bon =
de commande concernant, pour l'instant, le logiciel. Nous enverrons =
celui de la formation =E0 la rentr=E9e (=E0 cause des vacances) d=E8s =
que nous nous serons entendus sur les dates.=20

It seems that Microsoft can't handle correctly ending "=" which means soft carriage-return­­.

Is it possible for you to add a such option?

Thanks in advance,

Yuan

I export eml files from TB.. and when I import to Outlook 2010 I have the same problem? Any chance to solve this issue? Thank you for the help
I installed the runtime and conversion programs but I do not know how to run them. Are there some settings in Outlook that have to be changed to show the import? Windows Live Mail stopped working last week and I am trying to convert the eml files to Outlook.
Hi guys, The menu option appeared on Outlook and I was able to convert my messages and folders from the old Windows Live application. Your utility worked without any problems. Great utility!!!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Import Messages from EML and MBOX Formats
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA