OUTLOOK FREEWARE
Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"Thank you for the great software. Kind Regards IT Administrator of my uncle's PC :)"

"Life Saver"

"Great utility. Thank you for development!"

Follow Us : : :

Remove Duplicate Oulook Items

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Remove Duplicate Oulook Items
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next
RSS
Remove Duplicate Oulook Items
PMF01,

Thank you for a feedback.

We will fix this in the next version.
I'm using this utility on Outlook 2010 64-bit and it is not deleting the duplicate emails in the subfolders of the Inbox.
Jason Cannon,

Can you please provide 2-3 samples of these duplicates? Just save them as .MSG using Outlook File -> Save As menu to some folder, pack it using ZIP or any other packer and send this archive to . We'll try to find the cause of the issue.
Hi, thanks for your job. I run Outlook 2013 and I'd like to try your tool (already installed). Which is the priority of the folders to scan? I mean: i've personal folders and an IMAP account. I would like to delete duplicate email that are on both the inbox folder. Which is the folder that will be scanned for first? (I assume that the duplicates will be deleted from the second folder ...).

thanks in advance for the reply
djtrella,

Current OutlookFreeware­.com utility versions doesn't allow to search duplicates across folders.
If you need such functionality then you can use a commercial version of our utilities: ReliefJet Essentials for Outlook. In addition in this program you will be able to select folders priority. This way you will be able to select a folder with originals and a folder with duplicates.
Hello and thanks for the awesome tool. I updated to the latest version and found a new option called "Advanced duplicate detection". What is it used for?
Francesco Cesco,

In a new version we have added another method for duplicate messages detection.
You can use simple duplicate detection and if you will still see the duplicates you can use Advanced duplicate detection option. Or you can compare methods and select the one which suits you better and use it a next time.
Could we please know the difference in detail about what is checked when the option is on or off? Removing duplicates is an one-way operation and it's hard to put things back in all the right folders if the wrong duplicates are detected. I always avoided the Outlook built-in function (folder cleanup) for that same reason, nobody knows in detail what it does and it's a nightmare to find out whether every message was detected properly or not.
Francesco Cesco,

Simple method now compare message id if available. If not uses the advanced method.
Advanced method compare recipients, body, subject, message date, attachments names, attachments size, etc. You can see them if run Duplicate Outlook Items Report utility with Show diagnostic information option enabled.

Also Removing duplicates using our Utility is NOT an one-way operation. You can revert it.
Please see our video how you can do this.
I'm using the "Remove Duplicate Messages" utility on Outlook 2010 32-bit and it is not deleting the duplicate emails. I tried your recommendation of creating a temporary folder and putting multiple copies of various emails in there and it seemed to work on those but not on the duplicates in other folders. Would be grateful for any assistance.
Chris Ideker,

Please download and install Duplicate Outlook Items Report utility.
Run it on the folder with 'Show diagnostic information' option enabled and save its output.
Sent it to .

If it possible provide 2-3 samples of these duplicates. Just save them as .MSG using Outlook File -> Save As menu to some folder, pack it using ZIP or any other packer and send this archive to
Jouri Serdioukov:
PMF01,

We will fix this in the next version.

Hi,

I tried Outlook freeware i.e. quite effective. Apart from this, I found a resource of Outlook Experts about list of alternative duplicate remover tools.
Is it possible to delete duplicate emails in Public folder using this tool?

Upon checking, i was unable to select the subfolder in the Public Folder.
Don Macalalad,

A work with Public Folders is "a corporate" feature. It is not supported with free OutlookFreeware­.com utilities.
You can use our commercial version of the utilities called ReliefJet Essentials for Outlookto remove duplicates from Public Folders. It is also allows much more then free utilities.
I'm getting a weird error message when I run the utility. "External component has thrown an exception. (System.Runtime­.InteropService­s.SEHException)­".

I've used the utility before without any issues. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing then running both in Outlook and through the Utilities program itself with the same results.

Any ideas?
mpitt1,

Do you get this error every time on any folder?
What is your Outlook items type?
Try to create a folder and copy here 2 duplicates and run the utility. Will there be the error?

Can you please provide 2-3 samples of these duplicates? Just save them as .MSG using Outlook File -> Save As menu to some folder, pack it using ZIP or any other packer and send this archive to . We'll try to find the cause of the issue.
The weird part is that it doesn't encounter the error at the same spot for each scan. For instance, this last scan that just finished with that error message processed 17089 emails, but it's been as low as 100-200 as well. Also the amount of duplicates that get removed each time is also different, where it's been as low as 1 duplicate removed when the error occurs. I will send an archive shortly.

E: Moved duplicates to a separate folder and it completed without an error. There was only 200~ emails that I moved though.

E2: It seems the error was being caused by an active Outlook web access session.

E3: May have spoken too soon. It ran through a lot of the Inbox and moved a couple thousand duplicate messages but got the error again.
mpitt1,

Are you using Exchange?
Is it an online mode?

Such behavior can occur when some packets are lost in the network (not stable Internet connection).
You can try to switch to cached mode. Then utility will work mostly with items cached in OST without network connection. Outlook will sync items with the server.

We can also try to help using logs from your side. Please contact the support via email.
I think the issue might have been the connection because of the number of emails that were trying to be processed. The total in the inbox was almost 200,000, and even after running through a few times where it moved a lot to the duplicate items folder in the Deleted Items folder I would get a message saying Outlook was trying to contact the server when trying to empty that folder.

I did one last run at night and it managed to get through everything and I did another in the morning which went through 100% probably since it was cleaned up from the previous scan.

Thank you for the help and the great tool.
Hi,
I couldn't find a description for the only option: "Use custom fields to compare". Can you explain? I would highly recommend adding some help in the program (e.g. longer description, tool-tip description, help page). Thanks!
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next
All Forums » Discussions About Free Outlook Add-Ins & Utilities » Remove Duplicate Oulook Items
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA