OUTLOOK FREEWARE
Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"Worked fine for what I needed."

"I required when I transitioned from Mozilla Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook 2003. It worked perfectly."

"Product is excellent. Did exactly what I needed at the time. Thank you!"

Follow Us : : :

Import Master Category List

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
Pages: 1
RSS
Import Master Category List
Discuss this utility here.
I am running the import category plug-in on Outlook 2010, but get an error message "System: Cannot update master Category List". How can I solve the problem?

The export plug-in worked very smoothly.

Many thanks for your help.
Pontus, for now it is required to create at least one category manually in your Outlook before importing a Master Category List file. We'll document this in the next version of our utilities.
How i can update this that all users in echange server can use same list?
G S, you can't. Master Category List (MCL) is stored in the user mailbox. It is possible to automatically distribute MCL across mailboxes however. Command line support is required in this case. OutlookFreeware­.com Utilities do not provide this feature.

If you want to setup automatic MCL distribution, you will need to use the command line of ReliefJet Essentials for Outlook Professional.
Thank you for a great utility!

I'm running Outlook 2010 under Windows 7 and every so often my MCL disappears. A week or so ago I downloaded your Export & Import MCL utilities and immediately Exported the list and yesterday, after my MCL went away again, I successfully restored it using Import.

I haven't been able to determine the trigger that's causing the list to go away, but I've recently bought an Android phone and have installed some programs that "touch" Outlook, although I have them all set to sync in the outbound direction only, never writing to Outlook. I'm now using Google Calendar Sync and MilkSync and probably other Google-related programs.

Thanks again - I'm definitely going to donate some money for your excellent utilities.
Albert, thank you very much for your support, we really appreciate it!
Outlook Freeware,

Thx for the great Outlook utilities. Very helpful and at least in the case of "Export/Import Categories" the only utility I was able to find anywhere at any price.

I run OL 2010 with 3 different hosted exchange mailboxes. The Export utility allows you to select which acct to pull the export from but the Import Utility does not have an option to designate which acct to import to.

So how do I export from one acct and import into a different acct?

Thx

Michael
Michael, the utility imports Master Category List right to the default account's storage so the list be usable in Outlook. If you want to import the list to another (non-default) account, just make it default and then import Master Category List.

Please note that in ReliefJet Essentials for Outlook Professional target account can be specified in the command line.
Hi,

I am not having any luck importing a 2010 xml file to 2013 (hotmail account).

1)I ran the export utility on a Win 7 machine with 2010 and it stated 22 categories were exported.
2)I ran the import utility on a Win 7 machine with 2013 and the utility stated it imported 22 categories with the 'Overwrite..' mode selected. No luck. Closed and re-opened Outlook. Still no luck.
3) read post about creating a new category to be able to import. Created 'test' category.
4) I ran the import utility again and the utility stated it imported 22 categories with the 'Overwrite..' mode selected. No luck. Closed and re-opened Outlook. Still no luck.
5) I ran the import utility again and the utility stated it imported 22 categories with the 'Update..' mode selected. No luck. Closed and re-opened Outlook. Still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ryan
Ryan Rolands,

I have tested Import Outlook Master Category List on Outlook 2013 with outlook.com account and it it is working fine.
Could you send you categories.xml to for some tests?
I am having difficulty importing the MCL XML file produced with the export utility (and after manually adding a category).

I am getting the following ERROR message after running the IMPORT MCL utility which reads,

"Error: System(-2147221­233): Exception from HRESULT: Ox8004010F".

Anything I can do to fix this??
Paul Foster,

Could you send you edited .xml file to for some tests?
Are you able to import exported .xml file without changing it?
Hi.

I'm transitioning from ol2003 to o365, and there was a lot of categories missing from my mcl.
Specifically all the categories associated with my messages.

I've exported and imported the mcl "successfully".­..
"Successsfully" is an overstatement because I ran into some snag...

What I had to do was to export from my ol2003 system, otherwise it wouldn't recognize the categories.
This was due to the fact that my categories are connected to the messages, not contacts, calender or the other stuff that O365 recognizes.
It exported 1787 categories, and when inspecting the xml, it all looked good.

When importing the list in to my O365 system a lot of the categories was "corrupted" due to a lot of locale spesific letters like ØÆÅ in the Norwegian language. When I say corrupted I mean that "Åssiden skolekorps" ended up like "Åssiden skolekorps"...

Is there any way to get this the right way?
All my messages are tagged with the proper categories, but they're not in the mcl and if I rename the import manually I end up with double sets of categories...

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Peter
Peter Watz,

Please send your .xml file to for testing.
We will try to help you.
Pages: 1
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA