OUTLOOK FREEWARE
Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"Excellent program. Ive used it twice to convert .EML files to .MSG. Thank you."

"Worked very well!"

"Worked really well and saved me a lot of time. Thank You!"

Follow Us : : :

Import from Thunderbird

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
Pages: 1
RSS
Import from Thunderbird, email and contact formats
I'm trying to import my Thunderbird emails and contacts into Outlook 2010, but can't seem to find the right source folders.
Norman, as for emails: you can just export them to EML format and then import to Outlook by using our Import Messages from EML Format tool.
Outlook Freeware:
trying to import my Thunderbird emails and contacts into Outlook 2010, but can't seem to find the right source folders.

Thanks for this.

Exporting the Thunderbird .mbx folders to .eml seems like a good idea, and I was reading that each .eml file contains a single email.

Given that I have a 50 root folders in TB, each with 20-30 sub folders, each sometimes with additional sub folders, totaling a lot of emails and complexity, actually doing this is far easier said than done.
I don't see a utility from within TB that will export all to an appropriate directory structure.

But it seems to me that with your expertise, it wouldn't be hard for you to parse an entire TB directory structure for valid email files, and import that directly into outlook 2010.

That being said, I haven't paid anything for your programs, so I'm not really expecting much in the way of getting this problem solved, as it seems to be a TB problem , not a OF problem.

I've used your msg duplicate finder and it worked really well for me.

Dean (an American living in Lviv)
nobody special,

You are right. Unfortunately, we are not interested to write something for Thunderbird.
For importing Thunderbird to Outlook here are two steps Manual process and use of third party tool. In Manual process it takes time and there is always a risk of losing data and data corruption. If you are not technical then it will be a disaster for you. So, I will strongly recommend you to use OutlookFreeware­.com MBOX to PST Converter tool for Thunderbird to Outlook migration Process.
Hi, OutlookFreeware­.com MBOX to PST Converter is a great choice to export Thunderbird mail to Outlook 2019. First of all you have to export Thunderbird emails to MBOX file. After that you need to install the above tool to convert mbox to pst file. This application is an ultimate solution for mbox to pst conversion. The tool maintains the meta properties and key elements of emails. Hence no data omission or modification will take place.
You will take help the third-party application to move Thunderbird files into PST format without wasting any file on it and simply transfer the files so follow this software Convert MBOX to PST. software easily support 20+ email clients application such as Entourage, Google takeout, Netscape, SeaMonkey, etc. This software is helpful to transfer all types of the file without any loss of data. It supports all Windows versions like 10, 8, 7, XP.
Export your messages from Windows Mail in .eml format.
In Thunderbird, create a folder in "Local Folders" to hold your imported mail and select it.
Right click the folder and select ImportExportToo­ls > Import all messages from a directory > also from its subdirectories.
Navigate to the .eml files folder. The default location for Windows Live mail is C:\Users\<usern­ame>\AppData\Lo­cal\Microsoft\W­indows Live Mail (or \Windows Mail).
Click Open. Your data will be imported.
Step 1: Choose the mail source format
Step 2: Select the mailboxes to process
Step 3: Choose the target program or mail format
Step 4: Define the target settings
Step 5: Set the export options
Step 6: Export your email from Thunderbird to Outlook
Step 7: Find your mail in Outlook

Hope this information is helpful to you
Hi, looking for a quick solution to convert MBOX to other file formats? You can try the best OutlookFreeware­.com MBOX file converter which is capable to convert MBOX files to various other file formats such as EML, EMLX, PST, CSV, PDF, etc. The utility supports all the versions of Windows and Outlook. There is a version available for free.
Switching from Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird

Windows Mail is the default mail client included with Windows Vista. Windows Live Mail is the email client bundled with Windows Live Essentials. Both client programs store emails in the .eml file format. In order to export messages from Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird, you must export messages from the Windows application and import them into Thunderbird. A similar method is needed to export contacts from Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird.

To find the location of the email files in Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail, go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Maintenance > Store Folder.
If you do not see Tools, try File > Options > Mail… > Advanced > Maintenance… instead.

Importing Windows Mail Contacts
In order to import Windows contacts into Thunderbird, you must export the contacts to vCard files (.vcf format) and import the files into Thunderbird.

In Windows Live Mail, open the Contacts and select all the contacts you wish to export.
Click on Export > Business Card (.VCF).
Select an empty directory to save these to.
In ThunderBird
Click on Address Book.
Click on the address book you wish to import the contacts into.
Click Tools > MoreFunctionsFo­rAddressBook > Actions for Contacts > Import vCard / VCF.
Browse to the folder where you exported your contacts to.
Select all the contacts you wish to import.
Click Open to import all selected contacts.\

I hope this helps!
Lewis Bert
You can easily convert your Thunderbird emails to Outlook with MBOX to PST converter tool. This is an efficient tool for this conversion purpose.
The accessibility of PST files is higher than that of MBOX. These files can easily be transferred to any other platform. Holding performance in the middle can be very difficult, so finding a solution becomes very significant. Follow the best alternative to convert PST to MBOX file format. you can get a direct solution without any data loss.

Method 1. Convert PST Files to MBOX Using Native Solution
Method 2. Convert PST to MBOX Using Expert approach

Using the manual method users cannot convert batch MBOX files to PST at the same. To overcome these limitations, please use Advanced version of OutlookFreeware­.com MBOX to PST converter software.
Pages: 1
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA