OUTLOOK FREEWARE
Free Add-ins for Microsoft® Outlook®

Register

What Our Users Say : : :

"Very good tool."

"Worked flawlesly, thank you very much!"

"Program worked perfectly! I have searched for weeks to find a free application to import .eml files into Outlook. Thank you very much!"

Follow Us : : :

Duplicate reminders

Welcome, guest! You need to login in order to use this forum.
Pages: 1
RSS
Duplicate reminders, Get rid of duplicate reminders caused by syncing with mobile devices
I synchronise Outlook on two machines using (please no links to third party sites)
I also synchronise on one of these machines with an Android mobile device.
I cannot seem to avoid on occasions getting duplicate reminders on the PCs.
I have successfully eliminated these by using Microsoft mfcmapi.exe but it is quite tedious and difficult scrolling through the .pst dbase to identify the rogue entries and deleting them. Is there an Outlook Freeware Add-in that could help with this?
Many thanks

Rod
rodehall,

There are no such objects like reminders itself in the Outlook.
Probably, you have duplicates of appointments or tasks with reminders set.
If you know exactly what type of Outlook items have reminders (after using mfcmapi.exe) then you can use Remove duplicate task or Removes duplicate calendar items utilities. If you not sure what type of items have reminders you can run Duplicate Outlook items report utility to find it out.
Thank you Jouri for your quick and helpful response and apologies for posting the link.
I understand what you are saying but it seems to be an issue particularly (I believe) with reminders associated with recurring appointments.
I can delete the appointment and then recreate it, but after synchronisation I often find that I have two reminders. It's as if Outlook remembers the reminder associated with the original appointment which did not really get deleted and it somehow gets activated again when I recreate the appointment creating not one but two reminders. I expect that in normal operation, on a single Outlook machine this is not a problem. It is because I am using the 3rd party Synchronisation tool. I note that in mobile forums this issue of duplicate reminders seems to crop up quite a lot when mobile devices sync with Outlook. When I use mfcmapi.exe I find it quite difficult to work out which is the "correct" reminder, to be retained and which ones to delete. The only way to be sure is to know the timestamp creation date of the reminder you want to keep and just delete the others. It probably doesn't help that I have been maintaining a calendar in PST which has been growing since 2001 when a bought my first pocket PC Compaq iPaq and I have moved it (exported / imported) it between a number of computers and devices since then :)
Thanks again for your input!
Rod
rodehall,

Reminders are stored in Outlook items (appointments, tasks, etc.).
There is no such parameter as reminder change time.
Our utilities should delete new item duplicate. But, if you remove such duplicate to deleted items folder (delete items permanently option disabled) then the program re-create folders structure (for safety purpose, as this way you can restore duplicates to old places). And reminders set up in deleted item subfolders will continue to show up.
Also, it is possible that you don't see calendar subfolder in the deleted items folder if you are using Mail view in Outlook.

So, first you need to empty Deleted items folder.
After that you can try to sync devices and remove duplicates with Deleted permanently option (not safe) or empty Deleted items manually after checking that everything is ok.
This should remove duplicate appointments including their reminders.
Pages: 1
Recent Blog Posts : : :

Outlook Error 0X8004210A: Simple Solutions for Timeout Troubles
Microsoft Outlook users might occasionally encounter error code 0x8004210A while trying to receive emails. This error typically indicates a time-out issue with the server, meaning that the operation has taken longer than expected to complete.

Email Synchronization Issues: Fixing Outlook Error 0x800CCC1A
Outlook error 0x800CCC1A indicates that there is a problem with synchronizing the incoming and outgoing servers. It is usually caused by an incorrect user's account settings or password or an issue with the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used for secure email communication.

Emails Not Sending? Here's Your Solution to Outlook Error 0x80042109!
An Outlook error code 0x80042109 means that Outlook is unable to connect to the user's outgoing (SMTP) email server and your recipient will not receive your message. It may be due to some issues with the internet connection, or due to unresponsive Outlook.

Outlook Error 0x80042108: Identifying Causes and Finding Solutions
Outlook error code 0x80042108 indicates a problem related to the connection between Outlook and the mail server. Let's take a look at the causes of the error and options for fixing it.

When Outlook Overflows: A Deep Dive into Error 0x8004010d and Oversized PST
Outlook error 0x8004010d indicates a problem with not enough disk space or oversized PST data file. It occurs when accessing the mailbox or synchronizing the local data with the server.

More in blog...

Trusted Software : : :

110 Power Add-Ins for Outlook

© 2010-2024 Relief Software. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  EULA